While Odisha government has planned a series of programmes to observe Pachayati Raj Diwas on Sunday, the State unit of BJP has announced to observe the day as ‘Bhrastachar Diwas’ alleging widespread corruption in the State.
The saffron party has alleged that Rs 5000 crore is misutilised every year in the Panchayati Raj system.
According to sources, the party workers will observe ‘Bhrastachar Diwas’ in 314 blocks across Odisha by wearing black badges on their arms.
“The Odisha government is deliberately corrupting the Panchayati Raj system. We will observe Panchati Raj Diwas as Bhrastachar Diwas. Odisha govt is so inefficient that it could not prepare a list of PMAY beneficiary,” said party’s state general secretary Prithviraj Harichandan.
The party has also fired five questions at the Odisha government and demanded answers from the ruling party.
1. Who is doing corruption in Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna (PMAY)? Why the new beneficiaries list has not been prepared till now?
2. Why there are irregularities in MGNREGA scheme? Who is taking the benefits?
3. Where the Central Finance Commission (CFC) fund is being utilised? Why the Odisha govt is rebranding the CFC fund? Why the fund is being utilized for other purposes?
4. Twenty per cent ineligible people are taking benefits of ration card. On what basis they were included in the beneficiaries list? Who has included BJD workers in the beneficiaries’ list?
5. Why Percentage/Commission practice is rampant in Panchayati Raj system? While the MLAs are taking five per cent, from Collectors to Tehsildar are involved in the unethical practice.
However, no comments have been received from BJD in this regard.