Naik is accused of possessing assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
The Odisha Vigilance officials on Wednesday raided multiple places linked to Baneswar Naik, Assistant Engineer, PH Division-1, Baripada in Mayurbhanj district. Naik is accused of possessing assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
As per sources, simultaneous raids are being conducted at the properties linked to Naik. The raids are being conducted by two additional SPs, three DSPs, seven inspectors, a sub-inspector, seven ASIs and other staff on the strength of search warrants issued by Special Judge, Vigilance, Baripada at five places in the district.
As per the Vigilance Department, the raids are currently underway at the following locations:
1. Residential triple storeyed building of spouse of Naik at village-Raghunathpur, PS-Baripada, Dist- Mayurbhanj.
2. Residential double-storeyed building of Naik at Talanda, PS-Badasahi, Dist-Mayurbhanj.
3. House of Naik at native village at Talanda, PS-Badasahi, Dist- Mayurbhanj.
4. House of his relative at village-Manitri, PS- Baisinga, Dist- Mayurbhanj.
5. Office room of Naik at Baripada.