Cassian Baliarsingh

Two minor boys aged 7 and 9 respectively died of electrocution on Friday after coming in contact with a live wire in Malkangiri district on Friday. 

The tragic incident has been reported from Undurukunda village under Kalimela police limits. The deceased have been identified as Chandan and Manga of the same village.

According to sources, the two friends had climbed a tree near the village to catch a bird. In the process, both of them came in contact with an electric wire that passed through the tree, leading to the mishap.

The duo was rushed to Kalimela community health center (CHC) where doctors declared them dead upon arrival. The incident sent a shockwave in the locality.

A case of unnatural death was registered and the bodies were sent for autopsy.

  • Reported by: