Himansu Shekhar Rout

As many as 11 people were injured with four of them suffering critical injuries after an LPG cylinder exploded at Amundi under Patrapur block of Ganjam district on Monday.

As per reports, the mishap occurred while cooking was underway at the house of Prashant Kumar Behera in the evening. According to the family members, gas leaked from the cylinder and later it caught fire. As the fire spread, some family members raised an alarm for help. 

However, by the time neighbours and other residents huddled together to contain the fire, the cylinder exploded. About 11 people there sustained injuries. 

The injured were rushed to the Chikiti Community Health Centre. The condition of four of them was stated to be critical. They were shifted to MKCG Medical College and Hospital, Berhampur.

Later, Fire Services personnel doused the flames. 

Meanwhile, police have started an investigation into the matter.