Mrunal Manmay Dash

As many as 11 minors including seven girls fell ill on Wednesday night after allegedly consuming poisonous fruit at Telimeta village under Malkangiri’s Jharapali Panchayat.

All the sick children were admitted to Malkangiri District Headquarters Hospital, where they are currently under treatment.

As per reports, the children returned from Anganwadi centre yesterday afternoon. They consumed a poisonous fruit by mistake while playing near the village road.

The children started vomiting and loose motion by the night. Following this the villagers called an ambulance which took them to the DHH.

As per the latest reports, they are stated to be out of danger.

  • Reported by: