In a major development, the Indian Railways has now decided to revamp the booking codes used by passengers to reserve tickets for traveling in various categories of coaches operating in the network.
The development follows the much-appreciated rollout of the new coaches like the Vistadome which the public transporter aims to introduce in major tourism routes across the country.
Below mentioned is the list of the new booking codes that passengers need to know before embarking on journey with train tickets.
- Vistadome Non-AC – V.S. (Coach Code: D.V.)
- Vistadome AC – E.V. (Coach Code: E.V.)
- Sleeper – S.L. (Coach Code: S)
- A.C. Chair Car – C.C. (Coach Code: C)
- Third A.C. – 3A (Coach Code: B)
- AC Three-Tier Economy – 3E (Coach Code: M)
- Second A.C. – 2A (Coach Code: A)
- GareebRath AC Three-Tier – 3A (Coach Code: G)
- GareebRath Chair Car -CC (Coach Code: J)
- First AC – 1A (Coach Code: H)
- Executive Class – E.C. (Coach Code: E)
- Anubhuti Class – E.A (Coach Code: K)
- First Class – F.C. (Coach Code: F)
All Railway Zones have been notified about the revision and the new codes have been entered into databases of various railway zones and are now operational, said reports.