Thanks to a considerable drop in the daily Covid-19 cases, people have started travelling to places within the country for work as well as vacations. The Indian Railways has now come up with new initiatives to enhance the travel experience of passengers without compromising the Covid-19 safety protocol.
The Railways have introduced ‘AC Three Tier Economy Class’ coaches from Monday. In the first phase, the coach has been attached to Train No.02403 Prayagraj- Jaipur Express. The New AC Economy coach has 83 berths as compared to 72 berths in traditional 3AC Coaches and the Railways claimed that the fare structure for this coach is nearly 8 per cent less than the existing 3AC coach.
Besides, these coaches are equipped with facilities for smooth entry of wheel chairs even into toilets which are disabled friendly.
As per a PIB release, two more trains, Train No. 02429/02430 New Delhi-Lucknow AC special and Train No. 02229/02230 Lucknow Mail will be augmented with this new 3AC Economy coaches.
The Rail Coach Factory at Kaputhala has come up with 50 new Economy coaches which are ready to offer services in Mail/Express trains over different zones.
SALIENT DESIGN FEATURES OF AC 3-TIER ECONOMY CLASS COACH
-Berth capacity increased from 72 to 83.
-Improved and modular design of seats and berths.
-Foldable snack tables in both longitudinal and transverse bays.
- Individual AC vents for each berth. -Wider toilet door and entrance door for Divyangjan in each coach.
-Individual reading lamp and USB charging points for each berth.
- Increased headroom for both middle and upper berths.
- Public address and passenger information systems.
- Improving fire safety by using material in compliance with EN45545- 2HL3, the global benchmark for fire safety.
- CCTV Camera. -Improved design of ladder for accessing the upper and middle berths.