With Covid-19 infections are going through the roof, the Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has introduced a new rule which will benefit the subscribers in medical emergencies during these difficult times.
As per the EPFO's new rule, a subscriber can withdraw Rs 1 lakh for hospitalisation from the provident fund under ‘Medical Advance Claim’ without any paper work. However, there are certain terms and conditions to avail the benefit.
Conditions For Availing The Benefit:
The person must be admitted to a government hospital or Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) panelled hospital
For private hospital, an investigation will be conducted before allowing withdrawal.
If the withdrawal application is filed on a working day, the money will be transferred on the next day of applying
The money can be transferred to the employee’s personal account or hospital’s bank account.
How To Withdraw Rs 1 Lakh From PF Account:
- Visit the official website of EPFO- www.epfindia.gov.in
- Log in using UAN and password
- Click on ‘Online Services’
- Fill the forms 31, 19, 10C and 10D
- Enter the last four digits of your bank account number to verify
- Click on ‘Proceed For Online Claim’
- From the drop-down menu select Form 31
- Enter the reason for withdrawing money
- Enter the amount and upload a copy of the hospital bill
- Enter your address and then click Submit