• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • LinkedIn
  • Telegram
  • Koo
  • Youtube
  • ଓଡ଼ିଆରେ ପଢନ୍ତୁ
Odishatv Bureau

Two poachers electrocuted to death after coming in contact with a live electric wire at Kurukuch village under Tikarpada gram panchayat in Baghiapada forest range of Boudh district on Saturday.

Reports said, the two deceased had laid the 11 KV wire-trap in the nearby forest yesterday to capture wild boars.

However, when the two went to the jungle to check if any animal has fallen in the trap, they accidentally came in contact with the wires which led to the electrocution.

Meanwhile, officials from the forest department and local police have rushed to the spot after getting information and started an investigation into the incident. The dead bodies of the duo are yet to be recovered.

Further details awaited. 

Other Stories

scrollToTop