Kendrapara: An 11-year-old boy and his three years old sister died after a venomous snake bit them while they were asleep last night at Govindpur village under Aul police limits in the district.
The deceased siblings –Abhisek and Bhumika were sleeping in the night with their mother when the poisonous snake reportedly bit Abhisek’e leg.
Abhisek soon started screaming following which his mother woke up and enquired about the reason of screaming. She saw her son’s leg was bleeding.
She alerted other family members who later found a snake moving inside the bedroom.
Family members immediately rushed the boy to a nearby hospital where doctors referred him to Cuttack. However, he died while undergoing treatment at the SCB Medical College and Hospital.
However, they didn’t notice that Bhumika was also bitten by the reptile. She also died during the time her parents noticed it.
On being informed, police reached the spot and sent the bodies to for post-mortem.
The incident has sent a shock wave in the locality.
On the other hand, villagers called the members of the Snake helpline, who rushed to the spot and launched an operation to rescue the snake.