Cassian Baliarsingh

In a tragic incident, a Plus II student was charred to death after coming in contact with an 11kv wire at a coaching centre in Marshaghai area of Kendrapara district late Tuesday night.

Five other students of the coaching centre had a close shave in the mishap and escaped with minor burn injuries, reports said.

The deceased was a Plus II science student at the Marshaghai Government College. He used to reside at the coaching centre and took his coaching there. He has been identified as Debi Prasad Dash.

The incident occurred while the students were doing some work on the balcony of their coaching centre. 
Unfortunately, the boy came in contact with an 11kv electric wire passing through the balcony of the coaching centre and was charred to death on the spot.

“At around 11:10pm, the boy had gone to the balcony of the coaching centre. He accidentally came in contact with an 11kv wire, leading to his death. Now, an investigation is on and the owner of the coaching centre is being interrogated. Family members of the deceased have submitted a written complaint in this connection. Necessary action will be taken as per the complaint,” informed Jyoti Ranjan Samantaray, Marshaghai IIC.

 

(Reported by Manoj, OTV)

scrollToTop