• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • LinkedIn
  • Telegram
  • Koo
  • Youtube
  • ଓଡ଼ିଆରେ ପଢନ୍ତୁ
Ramakanta Biswas

A Plus 3 girl student was reportedly charred to death in a fire spread from a kerosene lamp at her house in Bhaludunguri village under Bonai police limits of Sundergarh district late on Monday night.  

The deceased, Sapneswari Munda, was a student of a college located in Lahunipada. She was described as a meritorious student.
 

The family members of the girl claimed that she was walking to her room while holding a kerosene lamp in her hands last night when her dress caught fire accidentally. Hearing her screams, the family members rushed to her rescue, but she had already sustained severe burn injuries.

The family members called up the ambulance and immediately shifted the girl to Bonai sub-divisional hospital with critical burn injuries. However, she succumbed to her injuries after a brief treatment.

Upon being informed, the police visited the house of the deceased and the hospital and launched an investigation into the case. 

The body of the deceased was kept in the morgue of the hospital and the post-mortem will be conducted today to ascertain the actual cause of death.

Other Stories

scrollToTop