The online service to book High Security Registration Plates (HSRPs) and colour-coded stickers for old vehicles in Odisha will be available by the end of June 1, informed the State Transport Authority (STA) on Monday.
Taking to Twitter, the STA said vehicle owners can avail the service by visiting the official website of the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM)-http://siam.in.
“The Commerce and Transport Department has directed OEMs to make their online portals live for Odisha customers to facilitate booking of HSRP immediately. Vehicle owners are free to choose any dealer, place and date for affixing of HSRP,” the STA added.
Here's is everything you need to know about High Security Registration Plate(HSRP)
What is HSRP?
The number plate is made of aluminium. These plates are tamper-proof and come with two non-reusable locks. The number plates will have a chromium-based Ashoka Chakra on the left, along with 'IND' written. The vehicle identification number will be laser encoded, which is easy to be scanned and difficult to be tampered with.
1. Anti-theft- Old number plates are easy to tamper with and can be misused by thieves. HSRP plates come with a non-removable snap- lock and are almost impossible to replace.
2. The HSRPs comprises details like engine number and chassis number in a centralised database. The stored data along with a 10 digit PIN (laser code) helps in identifying a stolen car.
3. Old number plates used to come with different fonts and styles. This made it difficult for traffic police personnel to read the moving vehicle's registration number. With HSRP, registration plates will have unified fonts and styles, making them easy to read.
HOW TO APPLY?
1. HSRP would be affixed by the vehicle manufacturers (OEMs) and their authorized dealers only.
2. In Odisha, the vehicle owner will be able to book for fitment of HSRP and make its payment through online portal authorized by the vehicle manufacturers (OEM). This will help in maintaining transparency and prevent excess charging from the vehicle owners.
3. Vehicle owner can select any location and date for affixing of HSRP as per their convenience.