Nominees for the Odisha Citizens Award-2022 (OCA-2022) were finalised for the voting round on Tuesday. The selection committee of OCA-2022 has short-listed four nominees in nine different categories.
The annual Odisha Citizens Award instituted by Odisha's No.1 news channel, OTV honours personalities to recognize their contribution to society in their respective fields.
The shortlisted nominees will now enter the voting round. Earlier, the committee had selected eight names from several entries in nine different categories: Agriculture, Art and Culture, Industry, Education, Entertainment, Social Service, Sports, Health Services and Politics.
The juries for all the categories included:
1. Agriculture: Prof. Manoranjan Kar (Rtd. Vice-Chancellor, OUAT)
2. Art & Culture: Kumkum Mohanty (Noted Odissi Dancer, Former Administrator & Padmashri)
3. Business: A.K.Sabat (Chartered Accountant)
4. Education: Dash Benhur, Kendra Sahitya Academy Award winner (Bal Puraskar-2014)
5. Entertainment: Sabyasachi Mohapatra (Film Director)
6. Health: Dr. Samir Sahoo, (HOD, Critical Care & Pulmonology dept, Amri Hospital, Bhubaneswar)
7. Politics: Rabi Das (Senior Journalist)
8. Social Service: Manoj Jena (Core Group member, National Human Rights Commission, New Delhi)
9. Sports: Sambit Mohapatra (Sports Journalist)
Speaking on the award, Ranjan Satapathy, Creative Head of Odisha TV Network said, “We have shortlisted candidates in many categories from art and culture to sports. We will go to the public to seek their votes to crown an eminent personality as the Odessa Citizen.”
Kendra Sahitya Akademi awardee and jury for ‘Education’ category, Dash Benhur said, “This a great effort by OTV to search and award people who had done remarkably well in their fields for the betterment of the society. It will definitely inspire others to excel in their fields.”