The Odisha Cabinet on Friday approved 17 major proposals related to various departments of the government.
Some of the major decisions cleared by the government are as under:-
- Allocation of Rs. 2808.39 crore for six years (2021-22 to 2026-27 financial years for smooth implementation of Special Programme for Promotion of Millets in Tribal Areas of Odisha (Odisha Millets Mission) launched by the government in 2017.
- Approval of scheme "Cyclone Resilient Saline Embankment Projects" to be executed during the period from FY:2022-23 to 2024-25 with an outlay of Rs.763.48 Crore.
- Mega Piped Water Supply Projects to provide safe drinking water in Dhenkanal District out of JJM funding. By execution of the projects, around 322204 people of 271 villages under 71 GPs of 04 Blocks of the District will be benefited.
- Mega Piped Water Supply Projects to provide safe drinking water in Kendrapada District out of JJM funding. By execution of the projects, around 435190 people of 522 villages under 76 GPs of 03 Blocks of the District will be benefited.
- Mega Piped Water Supply Projects to provide safe drinking water in Balasore District out of JJM funding. By execution of the projects, around 262093 people of 301 villages under 41 GPs of 03 Blocks of the District will be benefited.
- Chairperson and Mayor of Municipalities can now participate in process of election as a Member of the District Planning Committee. New clause (iv) included in Section 8 of the Odisha District Planning Committee (ODPC) Act, 1998 for removal of Members on the ground of misdemeanour or immoral activities.
- Creation of 198 posts in ORS cadre in addition to the existing cadre strength of 1092 which will bring the Cadre strength to 1290.
The posts are as follows: Addl. Tahasildar (Enforcement) for highly sensitive Minor
1. Mineral Tahasils - 32
2. Asst. Settlement Officer/ Asst. Consolidation Officer - 05
3. Sub-Registrar - 30
4. Court Officer, Board of Revenue, Odisha, Cuttack - 11
5. Asst. Director, RITI, Bhubaneswar - 02
6. Leave/ Training Reserve/ Deputation - 118
- Approval of Rs 326.79 crore expenditure for extending the implementation tenure of Integrated Mines and Minerals Monitoring System (i3MS) for five more years (2022-27)
- Engagement of Project Management Consultant (PMC) for proper monitoring of the In-stream Storage Structure (ISS) projects along with six Major & Medium Irrigation Projects (MMIPs) and UGPL (Under Ground Pipeline) distribution system of Lower Suktel Irrigation Project. Government approves Rs 115.76 crore for completion of project in 3 years
- Construction of Khalpal In-Stream Storage Structure across river Brahmani near village Khalpal in Talcher block of Angul district on EPC-Turnkey' basis including operation and maintenance of complete commissioned project for five years.
- Restructuring of Minor Irrigation Cadre under Odisha Engineering Services
- Implementation of Roof Top Rain Water Harvesting System under a scheme titled "Community Harnessing and Harvesting rainwater Artificially from Terrace to Aquifer (CHHATA)" for conservation of Rainwater. The scheme will be implemented in 29500 Private Buildings and 1925 Government Buildings covering water-stressed 52 blocks and 27 urban local bodies of the state for a period of five financial years from FY2022-23 to 2026-27 with a budget outlay of Rs.270 Cr.
- Construction of Barrage-cum-Bridge (In-stream Storage Structure) across river Koel near village Hamirpur in Sundargarh district on "EPC-Turn Key" basis including power connectivity system, operation and maintenance of complete commissioned project for five years.
- Execution of Pressurized UGPL Irrigation Network system for Right command of Lower Suktel Irrigation Project with Distribution network up to 1 Ha sub-chak compatible with micro irrigation having total planned CCA of 27000 Ha on EPC mode of contract (Turn-Key Basis)including power system connectivity, Electro-Mechanical components, PIM and operation & maintenance of complete commissioned system for 5 years