The Odisha Cabinet, which was held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Friday, has approved 13 important proposals.
Chief Secretary Suresh Chandra Mohapatra gave details of the proposals approved by the Cabinet in the aftermath of the meeting.
The approved proposals are as follows:
1. 3,328 MLE (Multi Lingual Education) Sikshya Sahayaks to be regularised. They will be considered as Junior Teachers after completion of three years of continuous service and as Assistant Teachers after completion of three years of continuous and satisfactory service.
2. Odisha Electrical Engineering Services Cadre, Department of Energy restructured.
3. Implementation of five transmission projects in low voltage pockets of the State.
4. Construction of 99 33/11 KV sub-stations and 64 independent 33 KV lines in the identified low voltage areas.
5. Five transmission projects in low voltage pockets of the State with 30 percent equity support from the State government to provide quality and reliable power supply to electricity consumers have been approved.
6. Tender for Sandul barrage project across Sandul river in Kalahandi district with an execution amount Rs 125,46,82,498. This project will provide irrigation facility to 5,000 hectares in drought prone areas.
7. The tender for the work of construction of Underground Pipe Line Irrigation System for 24063 hectares of cultivable command area (CCA) and command area development (CAD) for 26334 hectares of CCA of Rangali Right Irrigation Project (Phase-I) in Dhenkanal and Cuttack districts has been approved.
8. The tender for part of the construction of distribution system for 9803 hectares of CCA including command area development (CAD) for 9803 hectares of CCA of Salandi Left main Canal has been approved.
9. Restructuring of Odisha Veterinary Service (OVS) cadre has been approved.
10. Decision taken to amend the Odisha Superior Judicial Service and Odisha Judicial Service Rules, 2007.
11. The lowest turnkey tender of M/s NCC Limited amounting to Rs 888,50,00,003.00 for execution of redevelopment and expansion of SCB Medical College and Hospital, Cuttack, construction of residential accommodation and allied infrastructure has been approved.
12. Exemption of electricity duty on power consumption in favour of Indian Oil Corporation Limited, Paradip Refinery Unit has been approved.
13. Decision taken to amend the provisions pertaining to reservation of seats/office of the Chairperson/Mayor in favour of Backward Class Citizen (BCC) in the Odisha Municipal Act, 1950 and Odisha Municipal Corporation Act, 2003.