You no longer need to visit RTO to avail certain services as the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) has made provision for such services online.
As per a latest notification, a total of 58 citizen-centric services related to driving license, conductor license, vehicle registration, permit, transfer of ownership can be now availed completely online, eliminating the need to visit the RTO.
These services can be availed with the help of Aadhaar authentication, on voluntary basis.
As per the notification, any individual desirous of availing various services online through the portal (Parivahan.gov.in or mParivahan application), is required to undergo Aadhaar authentication (on voluntary basis).
Provided that any person who does not have Aadhaar number may avail such services in physical form by establishing the identity by submitting an alternative document physically with respective Authority as per CMVR 1989.
The online services for which a citizen is required to undergo Aadhaar authentication are as under:
1. Application for Learner License (LL).
2. Change of Address in Learner License.
3. Change of Name in Learner License.
4. Change of Photo and Signature in Learner License.
5. Issue of Duplicate Learner License.
6. Learner License Extract provisioning.
7. Issue of Duplicate Driving License (DL)
8. Renewal of Driving License for which test of competence to drive is not required.
9. Replacement of Driving License.
10. Application for registration for driver training from Accredited Driver Training Centre and requirement of passing certificate to be sent to concerned Regional Transport Office (RTO) for issuance of Driving License (DL).
11. Change of Address in Driving License.
12. Change of Name in Driving License.
13. Change of Biometrics in Driving License.
14. Change of Date of Birth in Driving License.
15. Change of Photo and Signature in Driving License.
16. Driving License Extract provisioning. 17. Issue of International Driving Permit.
18. Surrender of Class of Vehicle from License.
19. Endorsement to Drive Hazardous Material.
20. Endorsement to Drive in Hill Region.
21. Issue of Driving License for Defence.
22. Additional endorsement on driving license (AEDL) for Defence Driving License Holder.
23. Issue of Public Service Vehicle (PSV) Badge to Driver.
24. Issue of Duplicate Public Service Vehicle (PSV) Badge.
25. Temporary Public Service Vehicle (PSV) Badge to Driver.
26. Renewal of Conductor License.
27. Issue of Duplicate Conductor License.
28. Conductor License Extract provisioning.
29. Issue of Temporary Conductor License.
30. Change of Address in Conductor License.
31. Change of Biometrics in Conductor License.
32. Change of Name in Conductor License.
33. Application for Temporary Registration of motor vehicle.
34. Application for Registration of motor vehicle with fully built body.
35. Application for issue of duplicate Certificate of Registration (RC).
36. Deposit of Registration Certificate fees.
37. Application for Grant of No Objection Certificate (NOC) for Certificate of Registration.
38. Change in Address in Certificate of Registration.
39. View Registration Certificate (RC) particulars against fee.
40. Retention of Registration Number.
41. Notice of Transfer of Ownership of motor vehicle.
42. Application for Transfer of Ownership of motor vehicle.
43. Payment of additional Life Time Tax (Transfer of ownership Case).
44. Endorsement of hire-purchase agreement.
45. Termination of hire-purchase agreement.
46. Issue or Renewal of Trade Certificate.
47. Issue of Fresh Permit.
48. Issue of Duplicate Permit.
49. Permit Non-Use Intimation.
50. Permanent Surrender of Permit.
51. Transfer of Permit.
52. Transfer of Permit (Death Case).
53. Renewal of Permit.
54. Renewal of Permit Authorisation.
55. Application for Special Permit.
56. Application for Temporary Permit.
57. Update Mobile Number in record for transport services.
58. Issue of Duplicate Fitness certificate.