• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • LinkedIn
  • Telegram
  • Koo
  • Youtube
  • ଓଡ଼ିଆରେ ପଢନ୍ତୁ
Pradeep Pattanayak

Odisha should make use of its rich water resources in the best manner possible, former Odisha Governor M M Rajendran advised on Friday.

Elaborating on his role and experience about the steps taken for the rehabilitation operations undertaken post 1999 Super Cyclone, the former first citizen of the State said he has mentioned all these things in his book ‘Service Uninterrupted’.

He also said that he had advised the then government to utilise 85 percent of the State’s water resources which was going unutilised i.e. flowing back into the sea.

“The State has registered a huge development in the field of health and education. But when it comes to harnessing the water resources, a lot is still left to be desired,” said Rajendran. 

“At least, small check dams can be constructed on tributaries and they would have scheduled benefits of conserving the water and increasing the ground water level,” the former Govenor added. 

Rajendran on Friday said he has gifted a copy of his literary work to Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik. While the book’s 55 percent is about his time spent in Odisha, the rest 45 percent describes several incidents and events during his service period as an Indian Administrative Officer in Tamil Nadu and Delhi, said the ex-Governor.
 

Other Stories

scrollToTop