• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • LinkedIn
  • Telegram
  • Koo
  • Youtube
  • ଓଡ଼ିଆରେ ପଢନ୍ତୁ
Odishatv Bureau

In bid to spread awareness, fire brigade personnel on Thursday conducted a safety mock drill at the Capital hospital in Bhubaneswar. The mock drill was conducted at the Obstetrics and Gynaecology Department of the government hospital. 

The mock drill by the forest department was done a few days after a fire broke out in Berhampur-based MKCG Medical College and Hospital.

Fire personnel demonstrated different methods to douse the flames in case of a blaze at the hospital. They also trained the hospital staff, staff nurses and security guards to rescue patients trapped inside the hospital during fire emergencies. 

The staff were also trained about different safety measures to prevent any fire mishap in the hospital campus.

“We were given training, but it is not sufficient. We need more training to save patients in cases of emergency. A special training should be given individually to all the staff,” a nurse of the hospital said. 

“The Obstetrics and Gynaecology Department is pretty congested. There are three exit points. But, it will be difficult to rush out people trapped during fire mishaps. So, every nurse, security guards and other staff should be given proper training. I agree training is being provided to us, but we need more training,” said another staff nurse. 

“We need new equipments. Trained persons should be appointed in the hospital to avert any untoward incident. We cannot overlook the chances of fire mishaps in the hospital. Since, this is a premier hospital, we need more equipment. Moreover, the capacity of the hospital is for 100 patients, but everyday more than 200 patients come here. So, it is very important to be ready to tackle any kind of mishap,” said another staff nurse. 

“Until unless there is community participation and awareness, CM Naveen Patnaik’s zero casualty mission won’t be successful. So, staff nurses, doctors and security staff should be well trained. Not only government hospital, we our aim is to spread awareness and provide necessary training to everyone to avert fire mishaps,” said a fire safety officer.

Worth mentioning, an electric short circuit caused a major fire at Berhampur’s MKCG Medical College and Hospital on August 26. 

However, all the patients were moved out to safety in due time.

Other Stories

scrollToTop

AdBlock Detected!

Our website is made possible by displaying ads to our visitors. Please supporting us by whitelisting our website.