A major fire broke out at the BMC Keshari Mall in Bhubaneswar on Sunday.
Keshari Mall fire
A major fire broke out at the Keshari Mall in Bhubaneswar on Sunday. As per initial reports, the fire has been reported from the first and second floor of the mall.
Though the exact reason behind the fire mishap is unclear, efforts are currently underway to douse the flames.
Sources said the fire was reported from an electric panel board of a showroom and soon smoke engulfed the entire mall building triggering panic among traders and others.
“One of the fan caught fire and the staff immediately swung into action to douse the flames using fire extinguisher. No other property inside the showroom was affected,” said an eye-witness.
Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) Mayor Sulochana Das visit the mall after getting information about the fire mishap. Das held discussion with the owner of the showroom.
“There was electric spark in the panel for which the staff of the showroom used excessive fire extinguisher. As safety of people is of prime concern, we will conduct a detailed inquiry into the incident,” said Das.
It is pertinent to mention here it is for the second time that fire mishap has been reported from the Keshari mall. Earlier, property worth over lakhs inside two shops were gutted in a fire mishap at the mall in the month of April.