A major fire broke out at the Keshari Mall near Market Building area in Bhubaneswar on Friday night.
Sources said the blaze was brought under control after due intervention of five firefighting teams. There have been no reports of any loss of life however, one of the shopping outlets has been gutted in the fire mishap.
Even though the exact reason behind the fire is not clear, it is suspected that the mishap might have occurred after a short circuit in one of the several garments shops inside the mall complex.
According to reports, some security guards spotted smoke billowing out of the mall which generally shuts down around 10 pm. They immediately dialed the fire services personnel before the blaze could spread to other corners of the mall.
Sources said quoting the BMC authorities that a probe would be launched to ascertain the exact circumstances of the spread of the fire and whether there were any fire-prevention facilities installed inside the mall.
Bhubaneswar Central MLA Ananta Narayan Jena who reached the place to take stock of the situation expressed gratitude to the firefighters for their swift response to the situation. A joint inspection of the incident will be carried out by the police, fire, CESU and BMC, said Jena.