The Odisha government on Friday launched electric Mo Bus and auto-rickshaw service for welfare of citizens and to ensure clean and green environment in Bhubaneswar.
Through the introduction of E-Rickshaws in Bhubaneswar, Mo E-Ride will provide first and last mile connectivity. Along with Zero Emission E-Ride, introduction of Zero Emission E-Buses which will ply under the brand name of Mo Bus will together promote Green Mobility and pave way for a sustainable future in Odisha Capital region.
Here are the important details you need to know:-
- The E-Buses will commence its operations in four of the existing Mo Bus routes. Intially, the E-buses will run on the routes 9,11,12 and 23.
- There will be 50 percent reservation for women as guides in Mo E-buses while 100 percent reservation for women, transgenders and disadvantaged people as sarathis of Mo E-Ride.
- In another important measure, the Capital Region Urban Transport has also introduced women Captains (drivers) for Mo Buses from today.
- The fare for E-Bus will be the same as AC Mo Bus fare and concessions will be applicable in the same way as it is for Mo Bus.
- There will be an introductory flat fare of Rs.10- only for Mo Ride service for few months to understand the orientation of the commuters towards this new service.
- For promoting the public to use E-Buses, CRUT will he providing free ride in its Mo E-Buses from 29 July to 31 July, 2022 to its commuters.