• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • LinkedIn
  • Telegram
  • Koo
  • Youtube
  • ଓଡ଼ିଆରେ ପଢନ୍ତୁ
Odishatv Bureau

Demanding justice for his dead father, a boy has been roaming around carrying his ashes in the Capital city of Odisha. Turned away by police, he is wandering around and asking people the reason of his father’s death.

The boy has been identified as Apurba Jena, son of the deceased Mohan Jena.

According to sources, Mohan along with a few fellow villagers left home on July 29 on ‘Bol Bom’ yatra. They boarded a bus to Ganjam’s Panchama where they offered water on the Shiv Ling. Later, all of them went to Puri to offers prayers to Lord Jagannath.

However, someone stole Mohan’s bag during the journey. Surprisingly, his fellow villagers left him behind and returned back home while he had gone to look for his bag.

When Mohan did not return, Apurba and his brother immediately went to Puri and lodged a missing complaint with Singhadwara police. Later, police called the two brothers and informed that their father was found dead.

Worse, the cops had already performed his post-mortem without even informing the family members. The deceased's family alleged that the cops threatened them when they questioned on how their father had died and why the cops performed his post-mortem without information.

Not only that, much to the shock of the family, the cops, also reportedly performed the last rites of Mohan instead of handing his body to their family members.

Now, heartbroken over the incident, the family members of the man is left only with his ashes. Meanwhile, the cops are yet to give any satisfactory reason behind the death of the man.

With no option left, Apurba is now wandering from door to door with the ashes of his father in Bhubaneswar in the hope of justice.

Narrating his heartwrenching story, an inconsolable Apurba said, “When my father did not return, we went to search for him. Later, I received a call from the cops, they said that my father was in police station. When I reached there, they told that he was serious and had been admitted to a hospital. But when I reached the hospital, they had already performed his post-mortem report. We had lodged FIR two days back, but the police did not even inform."

Other Stories


AdBlock Detected!

Our website is made possible by displaying ads to our visitors. Please supporting us by whitelisting our website.