• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • LinkedIn
  • Telegram
  • Youtube
  • otv
Ramakanta Biswas

Bhubaneswar: At least 8 people were critically injured after a cooking gas cylinder exploded at a house in Patrapada area on the outskirts of Bhubaneswar on Friday.

As per reports, the mishap occurred at the house of Pabitra Swain at around 11.30 am today. The injured have been shifted to AIIMS, Bhubaneswar.

A local resident, Rashmi Ranjan Patsani, said, "We were standing near Melan Ground at around 11.30 am today when we heard a huge bang. After we rushed to the house, we saw eight persons having sustained critical burn injuries. We rushed them to AIIMS Bhubaneswar."

One among the injured who sustained more than 60 percent burn injuries was referred to SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack after his condition deteriorated. All others are undergoing treatment at AIIMS, sources said. 
 

Other Stories

scrollToTop