A youth of Kaptipada was accidentally electrocuted while he was trying to catch fish by dipping live electric wires in the water.
3 women die of electrocution in Keonjhar
As many as four persons including three women were electrocuted in two separate incidents in Keonjhar and Mayurbhanj districts on Saturday.
According to sources, three women from Juanga community of Tangiri Juangasahi under Telkoi police limits had gone to a nearby jungle for grazing goats when they came in contact with live electric wires hooked illegally inside the jungle and died on the spot.
The deceased have been identified as Niradhi Juanga, Kathi Juanga and Manjari Juanga. Besides, a goat also died due to electrocution.
In another incident, a youth was accidentally electrocuted while he was trying to catch fish by dipping live electric wires in the water.
The incident took place at Nandurusahi village under Kaptipada police limits in Mayurbhanj district.
The deceased, identified as Santosh Kumar Dutt, along with some villagers had gone to a nearby canal to catch fish. They were sitting on the edge of canal after dipping live electric wires in the water to catch fish when Santosh fell into the canal for unknown reasons. He was rushed to Udala hospital in critical condition but doctors declared him brought dead, said sources.
Police, meanwhile, seized the body and started an investigation into it.