The Odisha Staff Selection Commission (OSSC) has issued a fresh advertisement for recruitment to the post of Food Safety Officer. Online applications will be invited from intending candidates to fill up 35 posts of Food Safety Officer under the Commissioner, Food Safety Odisha.
The appointment will be initially on contractual basis as per Odisha Group-B Posts (Contractual Appointment) Amendment Rules, 2017. Candidate must not be below 21 years and must not exceed 32 years of age as on 1st January 2020 to be eligible to apply for the post with usual age relaxation for SEBC/SC/ST/Women/PwD/ In-Service/Ex-Servicemen candidates as per relevant rules of Govt. in force.
The submission of online application form will commence on July 26 through the official website of OSSC www.ossc.gov.in. The last date for submission of application is September 4. No physical or hard copy of application form need to be submitted by the applicant.
REMUNERATION & CONDITION OF SERVICE:
The appointment to these posts will be initially on contractual basis carrying a remuneration of Rs.16800/- per month(for year) as per Odisha Group-B Posts (Contractual Appointment) Amendment Rules, 2017. The Condition of Service will be guided by the Government of Odisha Group-B Posts (Contractual Appointment) Rules, 2013.
Candidates must have passed Degree in Food Technology/Dairy Technology/Biotechnology/ Oil Technology/ Agricultural Science/ Veterinary Science/Bio-Chemistry/Microbiology or Master's Degree in Chemistry or Degree in Medicine from AICTE-approved institute/recognized Boards/State & Statutory University securing minimum 60% marks in aggregate along with adequate knowledge in Computer Application.
HOW TO APPLY:
- The applicants have to go through the Detail Advertisement before filling up the online application form.
- Aspirants have to apply online using the official website of the Commission www.ossc.gov.in.
- All eligible candidates have to register themselves by clicking on "APPLY ONLINE" button in the Home page of the Commission's website www.ossc.gov.in.
- Those candidates who are applying for the first time have to register for the post by clicking on "NEW USER" button shown on the screen. On submitting the registration form a User Id and Password will be generated.
- On clicking "New user" or "Registered User" instruction for filling up the Online Registration/ Re-registration and Application Forms shall appear on the computer screen. These instructions are to be read carefully before proceeding for filling up the Application Form.
- Step by step procedure for registration/re-registration can be viewed by clicking on "Instruction to fill up Online Application Form". These instructions are to be read carefully before proceeding for filling up the Application form.
The candidates other than SC/ST/PwD category have to pay a non-refundable examination fee of Rs 200. The fees can be deposited only through online mode using Internet Banking/ Debit Card/Credit Card/UPI/other available payment methods linked with the online application form.
Candidates are advised to keep with them the copy of the e-receipt as a token successful payment of required examination fee for future reference. Applications without payment of examination fees (except SC/ST/PwD) candidates) will be taken as incomplete and shall be liable for rejection.
Candidates will be selected for the post on the basis of main written examination (Stage-I) and Computer Skill Test (Stage-II) followed by document/certificate verification. There will be no viva-voce test.