The Odisha Staff Selection Commission (OSSC) has announced regularisation of all Group B, C and D posts advertised by it following the abolition of the contractual system of recruitment by the State government.
The Odisha Group-B posts (Contractual Appointment) Rules,2013 and the Odisha Group-"C" and Group-"D" posts (Contractual Appointment) Rules, 2013 were repealed by General Administration & Public Grievance Department vide Notification dated 16.10.2022.
"Pursuant to said Notification dtd.16.10.2022 the posts for which Advertisement was published by this Commission but final results are yet to be published, shall be treated as regular posts & remuneration tabulated accordingly," the OSSC said in a notice.
"The advertisements for such posts are hereby modified to the above extent keeping all other terms & conditions of the advertisements unchanged," it added.
As per the October 16 notification of the GA and PG department, the new rules framed by the government will be known as Odisha Group B, C and D posts (repeal and special provisions) rules, 2022.
Here Are The Special Provisions Of The Rule
- The initial appointees appointed under the contractual Rules now in positions shall be deemed to have been appointed against the post on regular basis as on the date of commencement of these rules.
- On such regular appointment under sub-rule (1), the pay of such employees shall be fixed by way of granting notional increments considering the date of their contractual appointment.
- The employees who have been regularly appointed in the service after completion of 6 years of service under the respective Contractual Rules shall be allowed for fixation of their pay as on the date of commencement of these rules by way of granting notional increments considering the date of their contractual appointment.
- The employees whose services have been so regularised shall be allowed service benefits like promotion etc. in the cadre on notional basis to which they would have been entitled as per rules, had they been recruited on regular basis.
- On commencement of these rules, the employees shall be assigned seniority in the cadre to which they would have been entitled as per rules, had they been recruited on regular basis.