Odishatv Bureau

A couple of weeks after the Orissa High Court quashed the petitions filed by candidates alleging irregularities in the selection process of the Assistant Section Officer (ASO), a fresh petition has been filed in the court.

Several candidates have reportedly filed a new petition in Orissa HC challenging the sectional cut-off mark in the selection process. The candidates have demanded release of the merit list instead.

Meanwhile, the High Court has sought reply from the Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC). The next hearing on the same will be on December 2, 2022.

The HC had earlier directed OPSC to publish the result of the recruitment examination as per the policy of 2016. The court had also directed the government recruiting body to publish the marks of all the candidates who appeared in the examination. 

Besides, the OPSC was told to release the marks after completion of the recruitment process and prepare merit list as per the guidelines of September 3, 2016.

The court had further said that the OPSC may take the merit list already released by it but has to publish details regarding marks secured by candidates, cut-off marks which the court felt would bring transparency to the recruitment process.

The ASO exam was conducted by OPSC to fill up 796 (265 women) posts under the Odisha Secretariat Service and the result was published on November 7.

scrollToTop