The Ministry of Defence (Navy) has issued an advertisement for enrolment of designated trade apprentices (2023-24 batch) at Naval Dockyard Apprentices School, Visakhapatnam.
Apprenticeship Designated Trades
1. Electronics Mechanic (Electronics Mechanic & Mechanic (Radio & T.V.): 36 posts
2. Fitter: 33 posts
3. Sheet Metal Worker (Sheet Metal Worker): 33 posts
4. Carpenter:27 posts
5. Mechanic (Diesel): 23 posts
6. Pipe Fitter (Plumber): 23 posts
7. Electrician: 21 posts
8. R & A/C Mechanic: 15 posts
9. Welder (Gas &Electric): 15 posts
10. Machinist: 12 posts
11. Painter (General):12 posts
12. Instrument Mechanic: 10 posts
13. Mechanic Machine Tool Maintenance: 10 posts
14. Foundryman: 5 posts
Eligibility for Applying
SSC / Matric / Std X
Minimum Percentage: 50% (aggregate)
Minimum Percentage: 65% (aggregate)
Candidates passed during Covid-19 pandemic having certificates without marks/ grade points/ pass percentage shall also be eligible for appearing written examination subject to fulfilling other eligibility criteria.
Age: Candidates born on or before 2 May 2009 shall be eligible for applying apprenticeship training batch 2023-24.
Last date to apply online is January 2, 2023.
The schedule of written examination and interview is as follows:
Written examination for all trades at DAS(Vzg) - 28 Feb 2023 AM
Declaration of written exam results at DAS(Vzg) - 03 Mar 2023 PM
Schedule for Date of Interview and Medical exams are as follows :-