The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has announced fresh vacancies inviting candidates to appear for the walk-in-interview scheduled to be held in Bhubaneswar and Hyderabad.
"Eligible and Qualified candidates are invited to appear for walk-in-interview for engagement as ‘Hospitality Monitors’ on Contract basis for a period of 2 years initially and extendable for one (01) year based on requirement and satisfactory performance," the IRCTC said.
Essential Qualification and Criteria for selection
Full Time 3 year B.Sc. in Hospitality & Hotel Administration from Central /State / Private Institute of Hotel Management (CIHM/ SIHM/ PIHM) recognised by NCHMCT/ Government of India / AICTE/ UGC.
Candidates passed out in the Academic Years 2021 and 2022 are only eligible to apply.
Upper age limit as on 01.08.2022:
The upper age limit is 28 years for UR. Age relaxation will be given to SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD/ Ex-Serviceman applicants as per Government guidelines.
The upper age is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST applicants, by 3 years for OBC applicants and by 10 years for PwBD applicants.
For ex-servicemen, it is up to the extent of service rendered in defence plus 3 years.
Place of Posting: The selected candidates may be posted in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Maharashtra, Odisha and Chhattisgarh. However, candidates may be deployed/ posted anywhere in India at the discretion of IRCTC.
Candidates are requested to fill in the application form (attached along with this notification) duly completing in all respects. The complete application form has to be submitted at the venue of the interview for verification along with original documents, one set of attested copies of requisite documents and three recent passport size photographs, read the official notice.
Interview will be conducted and based on the credentials and performance in the personal interview the candidates will be shortlisted. The offer of engagement shall be issued to the suitable candidates in the order of merit and based on number of vacancies, subject to verification of antecedents. In addition to 60 selected candidates, names of 60 candidates will be placed on Reserve Panel, it said.
Remuneration and other allowance:
CTC: Rs 30,000 per month (including Statutory Deductions)
Daily Allowance: Rs 350 per day for on-duty on-board in train (s) (100% for more than 12 hours, 70% for 6 to 12 hours, and 30% and less than 6 hours)
Lodging Charges: Rs 240 only if night stay is involved at outstation
National Holiday Allowance (NHA): Rs 384 per National Holiday (if worked)
Medical Insurance: Rs 800 per month (Reimbursable on submission valid documents)
Place/ Date of Walk-in-Interview:
Place: Odisha Institute of Hotel Management (IHM) Near Indian Overseas Bank, V.S.S. Nagar, Bhubaneswar, Odisha 751007
Date: 24.08.22 /25.08.22
Place: Institute of Hotel Management (IHM) F-Row, Vidya Nagar, DD Colony, Hyderabad, Telangana 500007
Date: 27.08.22 /28.08.22
- This engagement is purely contractual in nature and will not entitle any candidate to claim for regular /permanent employment in IRCTC.
- Contract may be terminated by giving one month notice by either side. If performance during contract period is not found satisfactory the contract may be terminated with 15 days notice.
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply.
- Those working in Govt. / PSUs may apply through proper channel or submit NOC at the time of Interview or should submit proper relieving letter from present employer in the event of selection in IRCTC.
- IRCTC reserves the right to cancel/ amend the advertisement and/or the selection process there under.
- Any corrigendum/clarifications to this notification (incl. Date & Place of interview), if necessary, will be uploaded on IRCTC website (www.irctc.com) and no separate press coverage will be given in the newspaper.
- The number of vacancies to be filled (including Reserve Panel) may increase or decrease depending on the requirement of IRCTC at the time of engagement.
- Candidates should ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria prescribed for the post they have applied for. In case it is found at any stage of selection process or even after engagement that the candidate has furnished false or incorrect information or suppressed any relevant information/ material facts or does not full fill the criteria, his / her candidature / services will be summarily terminated.
- The selected candidate(s) have to furnish security deposit in the form of Demand-Draft for Rs 25,000.
- No TA/DA will be paid to the candidates for attending the walk in interview.
- Knowledge of computer (MS Office), preparation of reports is desirable.
- Ability to solve problems and to make rational decisions.
- Candidate can appear for interview at any one convenient place only