The Indian Coast Guard has released a fresh notification inviting applications for the post of Assistant Commandant. Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the same through the official site, joinindiancoastguard.cdac.in.
While the registration process for 71 posts in the Indian Coast Guard will begin on August 17, the last date to apply is September 7, 2022.
Posts & Age Limit
Technical (Mechanical): Born between 01 July 1997 to 30 Jun 2001 (Both dates inclusive). 05 Years relaxation for personnel serving in Coast Guard.
Technical (Electrical/Electronics): Born between 01 July 1997 to 30 Jun 2001(Both dates inclusive). 05 Years relaxation for personnel serving in Coast Guard.
Law Entry: Born between 01 July 1993 to 30 Jun 2001 (Both dates inclusive). 05 Years relaxation for personnel serving in Coast Guard or equivalent personnel in Army/Navy/Air Force.
General Duty (GD): Born between01 July 1997 to 30 Jun 2001 (Both dates inclusive). 05 Years relaxation for personnel serving in Coast Guard or
equivalent personnel in Army/Navy/Air Force.
Commercial Pilot Licence (SSA): Born between 01 July 1997 to 30 Jun 2003 (Both dates inclusive).
The selection of Officer Recruits is based on an all India order of merit which is based on the performance of candidate in various stages (I – V) ofexamination (explained in detail below) and the number of vacancies available for the post.
Clearing of Stage I, II, III, IV and V is compulsory for recruitment in ICG.All candidates will be compulsorily subjected to biometric, photo identification and document verification during various stages of examination.
Candidates (except SC/ST candidates, who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs 250 through online mode by using net banking or by using Visa/Master/Maestro/RuPay/Credit/Debit Card/UPI.
Admit card will be issued for the examination only to those candidates who have successfully paid the examination fee and who are entitled for waiver of examination fee.
General Instructions and Guidelines
- Candidates should be prepared to stay for 02 days for the Preliminary Selection for which they have to make their own arrangements.
- Candidates are advised to regularly visit ICG recruitment website, https://joinindiancoastguard.cdac.in, for latest updates regarding change in examination dates, venues and any other information.
- Due to limited vacancies, Indian Coast Guard reserves the right to fix cut-off marks of the qualifying examination for applying and issue of admit card/call-up letters for Stage-II. No communication will be entertained on this matter.
- Mobile phones or any other electronic device capable of transmitting/capturing any data are not permitted.
- Original certificates should not be attached with the application form during verification of documents. Indian Coast Guard will not take responsibility for loss of original certificates, if attached with application. The candidate is required to bring one set of self-attested copies of all documents/certificates for verification alongwith originals in Stage-II (PSB) and Stage-III (FSB).
For details of the Indian Coast Guard recruitment, click here.