The Odisha Staff Selection Commission (OSSC) has recently published the detailed advertisement for recruitment to the posts of Junior Executive Assistant (JEA) as initial appointee for the Odisha Secretariat (Lokaseva Bhawan) under the Home Department.
While the online application process for the JEA posts is set to begin on August 12, OSSC chairman Abhay has shared some crucial details about the selection process for the aspirants to help them crack the recruitment examination.
Taking to Twitter, the government recruiting body chief said that the selection process of the JEA posts will comprise three stages--Language Test, Typing test in English and Test in Computer Applications.
He said the language test will tentatively be conducted between October 15 and November 15 and the marks obtained by candidates in the tests will be shared with them.
Here is all you need to know about syllabus and plan of examination
The Recruitment Examination in respect of Junior Executive Assistant shall comprise of the following tests—
A. (a) Language test in English and Odia (100 marks) -60 minutes
- (i) English -Only working knowledge in English language shall be tested (50 marks) - 30 minutes
- (ii) Odia- Only working knowledge in Odia language shall be tested (50 marks ) - 30 minutes
- ( b ) To test the working knowledge in English and Odia, the question shall cover correct spelling of words, filling in the blanks by most appropriate words, to correct grammatical mistakes in the given sentences, to select the words with opposite meaning from a given group of words and to punctuate a passage. The Language Test in English and Odia shall be of MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) type with 30 minutes duration of each paper.
- (c) The marks obtained in the Language test in English and (Odia shall not be counted for ranking. The candidates who obtain such minimum qualifying marks in this test, as may be fixed by the Commission at their discretion, shall be shortlisted to the Typing Test in English.
B. Typing Test in English (MS word ) ( 50 marks) -10 minutes.
- ( a ) The typing test shall be held for 10 ( Ten ) minutes at a speed of 40 ( forty ) words per minute from a printed matter containing 400 words and candidate who fails to type 400 words shall be disqualified.
- (b) One (1) mark shall be awarded for every eight correctly typed words and minimum qualifying marks in the typing test shall be 20 ( Twenty ) marks.
- (c) A candidate who shall not appear in the typing test shall not be allowed to appear the Test in Computer Application.
C. Test in Computer Applications ( 70 marks ) = 60 Minutes
- ( a ) Ms Office Excel ( 25 Marks ) The candidates shall be asked questions relating to working knowledge of MS Office - Excel such as Cell Formatting ( such as Bold, Underline, Date, Number etc.) and Formula (subtotal, total, percentage, etc.). They shall have to work out the same by using MS - Office (Excel).
- (b) Ms Office Power Point (25 marks) The candidates shall be asked questions relating to working knowledge of MS Office - PowerPoint and they shall have to work out the same by using MS - Office (Powerpoint).
- (c) Internet and e-mail (20 marks) The candidates shall be asked questions on basic functions and features of internet and e-mail and the same is to be answered by using MS Office-word.
- After completion of the Test in Computer Application, all the worksheets shall be submitted by the examinees for evaluation.
- (d) Candidates numbering about 10(Ten) times of the vacancies advertised, category wise will be shortlisted for typing test in English based on their performance in Language Test.