Stop wasting thousands on costly cosmetic products when you can attain clear and healthy skin using ingredients easily available in your kitchen pantry. Yes, you read that right. If you wish to have good skin in the long run, go traditional. Nothing can beat the magic of natural herbs, flowers, fruits, and vegetables that are both gentle and effective on the skin. Try out these three homemade face packs to have naturally glowing and supple skin.
1. Turmeric and besan face pack
Nothing can beat the combination of the queen of spices, Turmeric and Gram flour when it comes to rejuvenating dull and lifeless skin. Moreover, turmeric is a natural antiseptic with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and besan (or chick-pea flour) is a natural skin exfoliator. Applying this combo helps in maintaining the pH balance of the skin and helps remove blemishes and tan.
How to Apply
- Mix half a teaspoon of turmeric with one tablespoon of besan and rose water as required to make a thick paste.
- Apply it on your face and neck and leave it on for 15 minutes and then rinse off gently.
- Use this face pack two times a week for the best results
2. Multani Mitti and Tomato face pack
Tomato helps in removing excess oil and dead skin. It also tightens the skin by closing the pores. It also helps in sun protection. Multani Mitti or Fuller’s Earth also protects the skin from the sun, helps fight dark circles, and reduces pigmentation.
How to Apply
- Take two tablespoons of freshly made tomato puree and mix it well with one tablespoon of Multani Mitti
- Apply the paste on your face, especially on pimples and acne and leave it for 15-20 minutes and wash it off
- You can apply this pack thrice a week to keep your skin hydrated and glowing
3. Honey and lemon face pack
While lemon is rich in vitamin C and acts as a boon to tackle several problems related to skin, honey is antibacterial and loaded with minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, and natural enzymes that keep your skin nourished and healthy.
How to Apply:
- Mix honey and lemon with a few drops of almond oil and apply the mixture on the face
- Keep it for at least 20 minutes and then wash it off with normal water
- Repeat the process twice a week to reduce scar marks and lighten your skin tone
Try out the above face masks at home to give your skin a natural makeover.