In the wake of the recent surge in Covid-19 positive cases, the Independence Day will be celebrated across Odisha in a subdued manner this year.
There will be no parade and general public participation will be discouraged during the Independence Day celebrations.
“In view of the Covid-19 pandemic in the State, Govt. of Odisha have discouraged large gatherings along with several other preventive measures to contain the spread of the disease like previous years,” read the official notice.
The venue of the Independence Day, 2022 will be at IDCO Exhibition Ground, Unit-3, Bhubaneswar. Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik will be the chief guest for the Independence Day function.
Important to note
- There would be no Parade.
- There will be presentation of Guard of Honour.
- Three Contingents of OSAP, ODRAF, BSF, SS Battalion besides Police Band would participate in the function.
- The contingents participating in the function will be tested for Covid and would be required to maintain adequate social distancing at the venue.
- The officers deployed near the flag post would also be tested for Covid and wear mask and gloves.
Meanwhile, the Commissioner of Police, Bhubaneswar, will make necessary security arrangements and remain in overall charge of the I-Day function.