With the Durga puja festivities around the corner, people are all set to hit the street to be a part of the revelry which they missed in the past two years owing to Covid-19 restrictions.
In view of the upcoming festivities, the Commissionerate Police has decided to clamp certain traffic restrictions for the convenience and safety of general public. The traffic restrictions will come to effect from October 1 to October 5, 2022 from 4 pm to 2 am.
No vehicles shall be allowed to ply on the following roads on the date and time mentioned above:
- Khandagiri crossing to Pokhariput crossing and vice-versa via Jagamara and Gandamunda crossings.
- Fire training school crossing to Sishu Bhawan crossing and vice-versa via Paika Nagar, Siripur and Ganganagar crossings.
- CRP crossing to Power House crossing and vice-versa via Stewart School and Unit-8 DAV School crossings.
- Jayadev Vihar crossing to Raj Bhawan crossing and vice-versa via Reheat saki and Sastri Nagar crossing.
- Jayadev Vihar to Nadankanan and vicc-vcrsa via Xavier, Kalinga Hospital, Damana and Patia crossings.
- Acharya Vihar crossing to New Airport crossing and vice-versa via Nicco Park, Patel Marg, Housing Board, Rabindra Mandan and AG crossings.
-Acharya Vihar crossing to Kalinga Hospital crossing and vice-versa via Sainik School crossing
-Vanivihar crossing to Sishu Bhawan crossing and vice-versa via Ruipali, Satya Nagar, Ram Mandir, Master Canteen and Rajmahal crossings.
-Rasulgarh crossing to Lingipur crossing and vice-versa via Bomikhal, Laxmisagar, Kalpana, Rabi Talkies and Samantarapur crossings.
-Both side service roads of NH-16 from Baramunda to Palasuni.
-No vehicles to be allowed to move through Nayapalli VUP, which are coming on the service road from Jaydev Vihar to CRP Square.
Taking into consideration the volume of traffic and number of devotees, the heavy vehicles coming from Khordha side shall be diverted from Pitapalli to Balikuda via Chandaka and Baranga via Trushilia.
During Ravan Podi the entire vehicular traffic coming on NH-16 from Cuttack side shall be diverted from Jayadev Vihar to CRP square via Beherashai, Sastri Nagar, Power House and Unit-8 DAV crossings. However, taking into account the public convenience and safety, the passenger buses coming from Puri to Bhubaneswar shall be allowed to ply from Lingipur to Baramunda Bus stand via, Samantarapur, Kalapana, Rajmahal, Sishu Bhawan, Soor Company, Ganga Nagar and Fire training school.