The Railway Budget 2022-23 has earmarked a massive Rs 701.15 to ensure comfortable rail travel and hassle-free movement of traffic in towns/cities in Odisha.
For passenger amenities, the rail budget has allocated Rs 301 cr as against Rs 429 crore in 2021-22. And in pursuance of a zero accident policy at the level crossings, a sum of Rs 21 crore has been sanctioned.
As per ECoR data, at least 42 persons were killed in the last 6-years at the unmanned level crossings in Odisha. Though EcoR has set the year 2020 to eliminate all unmanned level crossings in the State, work hampered owing to the pandemic, informed ECoR sources.
Check Station-Wise Passenger Amenities, ROBs
- The Rail Budget has made provision for 3rd foot over bridge connecting all platforms in Bhubaneswar station.
- Rs 2 lakh for one passenger platform with full-length shelter in Bhubaneswar station.
- Rs 31k for development of station building & passenger amenities at platform No.1 in Khurdha Road station.
- Rs 31k to Bramhapur station to increase circulating area.
- Rs 1.28 cr to install 16 lifts in railway stations across the State.
- Rs 1.89 cr to install 28 lifts at stations under the scheme Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan.
- East Coast Railways to pool in Rs 325 cr via extra-budgetary resources (PPP) for developing modern stations in Odisha.
- To prevent encroachment of railway land, Rs 4.6cr for construction of boundary wall/compound wall at vulnerable locations on Golden Quadrilateral / Diagonals / High-Density Routes and on approaches of major cities vulnerable for encroachment or trespassing.
- Rs 40k for creating a new Rayagada division in East Coast Railway.
- In a significant policy decision, ECoR in 2022-23 budget has taken a policy decision to construct a road over/under bridges on golden quadrilateral /golden diagonal routes
- Rs 4 lakh for Kendrapara Road-Cuttack - Road over bridge in lieu of level crossing.
- A road overbridge will be constructed at Cuttack-Barang.
- 11 level crossing under Khurda road division will be dismantled.
- Sanctioned a road over bridge for Kapilas road - Nergundi road
- 38 unmanned level crossings in Sambalpur will be manned