With a western disturbance approaching Odisha in the next 48 hours, a chill is going to bite the State Capital Bhubaneswar on coming Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
As per the NCEP-GFS model, the daytime temperature in the Capital city from January 12 to 15 will drop to around 23 deg C, though the nighttime temperature will hover in the range of 19-17 deg C.
The Capital city skies are predicted to open up on Jan 13 and 14. And the city will be recording a pouring rain of around 48.6 mm from Jan 13 night to Jan 14 evening, though not continuously. Nevertheless, the State Capital will record rainfall for around 15-17 hours during the period Jan 13-15.
If the CAPE index is any indication, the city may witness thunder/hailstorm between Jan 13-14. The skies will see dense clouds on Jan 14 and 15.
The Capital city will record rain on Jan 12 (Wednesday). The daytime temperature is predicted to drop to around 24 deg C and the nighttime temperature will cool down to around 16 deg C.
As per the latest ECMWF forecast, the Capital City Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Puri. Jagatsinghpur and Berhampur will record dense fog from early morning hours on Jan 10 and 11 (Monday and Tuesday). The fog will last till 8 am in morning.
- Heavy rain in Balangir at around 8 pm on Monday.
- Moderate rainfall will hit the districts of Balangir, Kalahandi, Nuapada and Bargarh after Monday midnight.
- Most western Odisha districts will record rainfall in the morning hours of Tuesday. Heavy rain is likely in Sundargarh district, including Rourkela.
- Post the midnight hours on Jan 12, rain is predicted in the coastal districts of the State.
- Moderate to heavy spells in Cuttack on early morning hours (2:30 am onwards) of Tuesday.
- Heavy rain in western and central Odisha and Cuttack city at around 11 hrs on Jan 13.
- Moderate to heavy spells in Bhubaneswar and Puri on the afternoon hours on Jan 13.
- Heavy rain in Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Jagatsonghpur, Kendrapada on early morning hours (2-3 am) of Wednesday.
- Rains to continue in Bhubaneswar and Cuttack till 8 am in the morning on Jan 14.
- Moderate to heavy rain in Sundargarh and Sambalpur districts during the evening hours on Jan 14.
- Cold wave-like conditions to hit the State on Jan 19. The minimum temperature in northern and western Odisha will drop to 12 deg C.
- The minimum temperature in Cuttack and Bhubaneswar will drop to around 15 deg C on Jan 19.