Stars now make their Bollywood debuts without gaining enough valuable experience. However, few actors, such as Yami Gautam, Irrfan Khan, Mrunal Thakur, Ayushmann Khurana, Prachi Desai, and Radhika Madan, started their Bollywood careers from scratch, i.e., television.
Here are a few leading B-Town celebrities who began their careers on TV shows, from Yami Gautam to Mrunal Thakur!
1. Mrunal Thakur: Mrunal is ruling the cinema in Hindi, Marathi, and Telugu. She started her acting career with the television soap operas Mujhse Kuchh Kehti (2012), Yeh Khamoshiyaan (2012), and Kumkum Bhagya (2014–2016). With "Love, Sonia," the Sita Ramam actress made her Hindi film debut in 2018.
2. Yami Gautam: Yami Gautam began her career by appearing on TV shows like Chaand Ke Paar Chalo and CID—all before she even made it big as an actress!
3. Late Irrfan Khan: Irfan Khan, an astounding actor, began his career in 1988 with Salaam Bombay and was involved in many historic shows like Mahabharata, Chanakya, etc.
4. Prachi Desai: The actress debuted on television as Bani, the main character in the popular Zee TV drama Kasam Se. Later, she was featured in Kasauti Zindagi Ki and Jhalak Dikhlaja (a dancing reality show). She appeared in the 2008 movie Rock On! to make her Bollywood debut.
5. Radhika Madaan: With millions of followers on social media, Radhika was widely loved for her character as Ishani in her first television show, "Meri Aashiqui Tum se hi," before she became a successful actor in her own right.
6. Ayushmann Khurana: The all-round prodigy, Aayushmann Khurana, was first an RJ and then participated in the reality TV show Roadies. The actor was also a part of shows like Kayamath and Ek Thi Rajkumari.
These actors have proven that hard work, perseverance, struggle, and patience pay off and result in the highest achievements.