The All Indian Council of Technical Education (AICTE) Training and Learning (ATAL) Academy has come up with 'Continuous Professional Development Programmes' (CPDP) to give the faculty a sound domain knowledge and associated skills of the subject and understanding their roles in community well-being, nation building and also in their own professional development.
There are 3 different types of Faculty Development Programmes (FDP)- Basic ATAL FDP, Advance ATAL FDP and Institutional Building - Leadership for Academic Excellence in HEIs.
The University Grants Commission (UGC) has asked all the higher educational institutions and its affiliated colleges / institutions to participate in the implementation of the redesigned ATAL FDP.
Assistant Professors/Associate Professors/Ph.D. scholars/PG students
Min/Maximum Limit: 30/50 participants from the HEIs from the same city/within 100 km of host institute
Mode: Blended/Hybrid. Online for theory and offline for practical/labs/ experiential learning.
AICTE ATAL Academy FDPs
– Eligibility Criteria:
- The government funded institutions like IITs, IIMs, NITs, IIITs, IoEs, Universities, State Universities, other government organisations, and PSUs.
- Private organisations/institutions having overall NIRF ranking up to 200, or NAAC grade A++, or the department conducting FDP having full NBA accreditation.
- Industry/Training Institutions with experience in Relevant training in the last 5 years.
- Coordinator should preferably be a Professor or Associate Professor with 10 years of teaching-learning experience whereas co-coordinator may be Associate/Assistant professor with 5 years of teaching-learning experience
- Preferably prior experience of organizing ATAL Academy FDPs - number of FDPs completed.
- Expertise in emerging areas (teaching/research papers/books /conference & workshops, etc.) for a minimum of last 5 years. - Minimum 10 publications in reputed journals.
For other details, visit the UGC website.