Large difference in performance of students from various boards a challenge: Education ministry study
The physical classes for first-year U.G (undergraduate) and P.G. (postgraduate) students, who have taken fresh admissions, for the session 2021-22 will start from November 1 and November 15 next month, respectively.
The Higher Education Department in a letter to all the Vice-Chancellors of all the State public universities and Principals of all the government and non-government colleges said, “Classroom teaching of first-year U.G and first-year P.G. students (freshly admitted) for the session 2021-22 will start from November 1, 2021 and November 15, 2021 respectively in physical mode by following appropriate Covid-19 prevention.”
The following Higher Education Department also laid down certain guidelines which shall be strictly followed in colleges and univerities to keep Covid-19 at bay. Those are:
- Face mask/face cover shall be mandatory.
- Frequent hand wash/hand sanitisation shall be ensured.
- Social distancing shall be adopted in classrooms, libraries and laboratories etc.
- Spitting in campus shall be strictly prohibited.
- Respiratory etiquettes shall be strictly followed (i.e. covering one’s mouth and nose by handkerchief while coughing/sneezing).
- Self-monitoring of health and reporting of illness should be encouraged.
- There must be an isolation room ready for any emergency.
Hostel facilities shall also be made available for those students who have taken admission in hostels. All possible Covid-19 protocols shall be followed in hostels, added the HE department.
Earlier, the classroom teaching for Class 11 students resumed on October 21 while the physical classes for Standard 8 students began on October 25 amid strict adherence to Covid-19 protocols.