The Odisha School and Mass Education Department has issued a set of guidelines for schools which have been reopened for students of Class- 9, 10 and 12 for the academic Session 2021-22.
The SoP has been issued to ensure adherence of COVID-19 appropriate behaviour, hours after Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik reviewed the Covid-19 situation in the State.
“As per the feedback received from the field, till date the schools are running smoothly except stray cases of COVID-19 positive cases in few areas mostly in hostels,” the department said in a letter addressed to district education officers.
The letter stated that the Chief Minister convened a review meeting on COVID-19 management and has reiterated that certain guidelines must be followed by all schools scrupulously.
Here are the guidelines
1. The students coming to school must wear Mask and the teachers should ensure it. In case, any student has come to school without Mask, the School Administration should not allow the student to enter into the school premises.
2. The Expenditure incurred for COVID Management should be met out of School Improvement Grant released from OSEPA.
3. At the entry point, Thermal Screening of all the students coming to attend offline classes must be ensured and Hand Sanitization should also be done.
4. Social Distancing inside the class room should be meticulously followed and the COVID Monitor (preferably the PET of the school) should be extra vigilant to ensure it.
5. Any Student/Teacher/Non-Teaching Staff having mild symptom like Cold, Sneezing and Fever should not be allowed to enter into the school.
6. The SMC/SMDC must be sensitized time and again along with the Local PRI Members about COVID-19 and their role in sensitizing the school going children through their parents.
7. The BRCCS/CRCCs (around 5000 in the State) should be tagged with school for periodical visit and ensure that all Stake Holders are following COVID Appropriate Behaviour.
8. The Local Administration Including Health Administration should be updated In case of any major development which affects the offline teaching.
9. As usual both online and offline teaching will continue and no student should be forced to come to school. Attendance in offline class is not mandatory.
10. The Nodal Officers of the respective districts will be in touch with the DEOs and the respective Directors should be intimated on daily basis about the attendance and the same should be sent through Whatapp in the SME Group by 2 pm.
11. OSEPA Control Room set up at Headquarters will monitor the above instructions on daily basis.
Any deviation will be viewed seriously by the Department.