• otv
Mrunal Manmay Dash

Bhubaneswar: Speaking on the fate of +2 students under CHSE Odisha and conducting their withheld exams, State Mass Education Minister Samir Dash on Monday said that a decision to this effect will be taken after the air is cleared on the CBSE Class 12 exams.

“The department is awaiting the decision on Class 12 examinations of CBSE which is currently subjudice in the Supreme Court. We will intimate our opinion from the two options that the Centre had provided us on the conduct of Class 12 exams of CBSE,” said Dash.

“As far as the exams of +2 students under the State board are concerned, we will decide only after a decision on CBSE Class 12 students is taken, he added.

“However, as per the statement by CM Naveen Patnaik, we will hopefully come to a conclusion in June first week, taking the student's future into consideration,” Dash further said.

It is pertinent to mention here that the Supreme Court on had earlier maintained that it would hear on May 31 a plea seeking directions to cancel Class 12 examinations in the wake of the surge in COVID-19 cases across the country.

The petition has sought directions to the Centre, the CBSE and the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination to cancel the Class 12 examinations and devise an objective methodology to declare the result within a specific timeframe.

The board had on April 14 announced cancellation of Class 10 exams and postponement of Class 12 exams in view of the surge in coronavirus cases.

Earlier on May 23, Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh had chaired a meeting of state Education Ministers and state Education Secretaries to decide on pending Class 12 board exams that were postponed in view of the second wave of Covid-19. Following the meeting, Samir Dash had said that Odisha will submit its opinion on it after the passage of Cyclone Yaas.

Other Stories