The Keonjhar Medical College and Hospital will be functional from this academic year as the National Medical Commission has approved 100 MBBS seats for the health institute under Maharaja Sriram Chandra Bhanja Deo University (MSCBD) University, Baripada.
"I am directed to refer your application for Starting of New Medical College Government Medical College, Keonjhar under the MSCBD University, Baripada with annual intake of 100 MBBS students u/s 26(1)(a)(b) and 28(1)(2) and section 61(2) of the NMC Act, 2019 for the academic year 2022-23," a notification issued by National Medical Commission Medical Assessment & Rating Board read.
The Medical Assessment and Rating Board (MARB) of NMC examined the Assessor's report and remarks of the UG Expert Groups on the infrastructure facilities of the college, laboratories, library, hostels, hospital and availability of the faculty, their experience, publications and residents / tutors, nursing and paramedical staff available with other facilities available at Government Medical College, Keonjhar under the MSCBD University, Baripada for Starting of MBBS Course for the academic year 2022-23.
The MARB has also reviewed the further information submitted and clarifications on the deficiencies on virtual hearing and following:
In view of the above approval of 100 MBBS seats, the Commission has decided to obtain undertaking/essential documents for issue of Letter of Permission for starting/increase in seats for the academic year 2022-23:
- The applicant should provide all infrastructural facilities in terms of teaching and non-teaching staff, building, equipment and hospital facilities as per NMC norms.
- No student should be admitted in the above courses till the formal permission of the MARB.
- The Private Medical College should provide bank guarantee against establishment of new medical colleges with intake of number of MBBS seats (100) in favour of NMC,
- It will be valid for 05 years or till the course is recognised, whichever is later, from a nationalized/scheduled bank in accordance with NMC norms. However, medical college/institutions governed by the State Govt. are required to furnish only an undertaking to provide funds In their budget till the facilities are fully provided as per time bound programme indicated by them.
- The medical colleges/institutions will provide undertaking to implement the decision regarding payment of stipend during the Internship of the UG students similar to UG sections of Govt. Medical Colleges in their State.
- The Medical Assessment and Rating Board (MARB) reserve the right to withdraw/cancel/revoke the Letter of Intent/Letter of Permission if it comes to the notice that the permission has been obtained from MARB by misrepresentative of facts or fraud.
It shall be incumbent upon the Medical College that the information relating to admission should be submitted within the time specified in the circular in this regards issued by this office from time to time. Any failure to submit the information within this time limit would be constructed that the admission in the college were not in accordance with the statutory requirements, thereby enabling the Commission to proceed in accordance with law against the college., the notification stated.
"The acceptance letter may be sent within 1 (one) weeks from the date of issue of this letter to enable the Medical Assessment and Rating Board (MARB) to issue Letter of Permission for the academic year 2022- 23," the notification read further.