The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the Joint Entrance Examination every year for admission to undergraduate programmes in NITs, IITs, and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs), Institutions funded by participating State Governments and other Institutions. More than 12 lakh students appear for the examination every year.
Latest Update: JEE Main Session 4 Final Answer Key Released, Result Soon
JEE Main is also an eligibility test for JEE Advanced, which is conducted for admission to undergraduate programmes offered by the Indian Institute of Technology (IITs).
Apart from the NITs and IITs, the scores of JEE Main are also accepted by many other top engineering colleges and institutes for admission.
Many educational institutes in States like Odisha, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Jharkhand, Bihar and Nagaland use JEE Main scores for admissions into BTech/BE courses.
Based on National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), here is the list of some engineering colleges (other than NITs, IIITs and GFTIs) that accept JEE Main score:
- National Institute of Technology, Tamil Nadu
- Amrita School of Engineering, Karnataka
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
- Siksha `O` Anusandhan, Odisha
- Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Punjab
- Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi
- Shanmugha Arts Science Technology & Research Academy, Tamil Nadu
- International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad
- Amity University, Noida
- Delhi Technological University, Delhi
- Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Tamil Nadu
- National Institute of Technology, Odisha (Rourkela)
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai.