The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) has released an important notice on seat allocation guidelines for admissions to the over 100 institutes for the academic year 2021-22.
While admission to the IITs across the country will be done on the basis of JEE Advanced 2021 results, JEE Main 2021 results will be the yardstick for admission to other institutes, referred to as NIT+.
Check the guidelines as issued by JoSAA:
- Registration process is mandatory for any qualified candidate interested in joining any of the IITs, NITs, IIITs (Triple-I-Ts) and Other-GFTIs (within the purview of JoSAA-2021)
- To accept allotted seats (and continue to be a part of JoSAA-2021 till the final round of seat allocation), candidates must upload all required documents and must pay seat acceptance fee as per the details provided at http://josaa.nic.in
- The number of days and time available for document upload, query response and verification for seat acceptance in various rounds will be strictly adhered to
- Candidate whose seat has been confirmed by JoSAA can Withdraw from the seat allocation process starting from the 2nd round and up to the 5th round of seat allocation before the last round of seat allocation (i.e., no Withdrawal will be allowed after 17th November, 2021)
- (Only for NIT+ System) Normally physical reporting at admitting institutes is mandatory for students who have accepted a seat in NITs, IIITs (Triple-I-Ts) and Other-GFTIs immediately after 6th round of seat allocation.
In case, the situation does not permit the physical presence of candidate at admitting Institute the above process will be done online (for further details visit CSAB website https://csab.nic.in).
Meanwhile, the details regarding beginning of the academic sessions at IITs, NITs, IIITs (Triple-I-Ts) and other-GFTIs will be available along with other Institutional information at https://josaa.nic.in.
Check the Full Schedule of Events of JoSAA-2021: