Inspired by APJ Abdul Kalam, IPS Tripti Bhatt rejected 16 govt job offers to crack UPSC in first attempt
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has released an important notice regarding the withdrawal of rounding of overall percentage in the statement of marks and granting of special chance for improvement to the students.
As per the latest IGNOU notice, the Academic Council had approved the withdrawal of rounding off overall percentage in the statement of marks/grade card from the Term End Examination, December 2022.
The Academic Council, in its meeting held in December 2022, had also approved the grant of special chance for improvement in cases of rounding of the overall percentage in the past subjects to several conditions.
These conditions include:
- Only those students are eligible for this special chance for improvement of marks/division whose overall percentage has been rounded of (i) to 50% from 49.50 to 49.99% and (ii) to 60% from 59.50 to 59.99% in both bachelor and master degree programmes only and (iii) to 55% from 54.50 to 54.99% in master degree programmes only between the Term-end Examination, December 2008 and June 2022.
- The eligible students will be given only one special chance for improvement.
- The students who want to avail the special scheme for improvement will be allowed to appear only in the term-end examination of any two courses of his / her study subject to the condition that the courses still exist.
- The fee for the examination will be Rs 750 per course.
- The eligible students who avail this special scheme for improvement and improve their marks/division will be issued a fresh grade card/statement of marks & provisional certificate for the current session and they are required to surrender to the University their statement of marks/grade cards & provisional certificate and the degree already issued to them by the University for the earlier term-end examinations.
- There will be no re-admission fee, if the maximum duration/ validity of the programmes has already expired.
“The application to avail this special scheme for improvement will be submitted online by the eligible students for Improvement along with payment of Rs 750 per course (maximum, two courses - Rs 1500). The online portal for this purpose will be opened shortly,” the IGNOU notice read.