The Odisha government on Wednesday granted permission for reopening of hostels for students of Class 10 and Class 12 in the State for the academic session 2021-22.
As per a notification issued by the State School and Mass Education Department, hostels for the students of Class X and Class XII will reopen from July 26, 2021.
The department has issued following SOPs for reopening of hostels:
- The Head of the Institute / Hostel should ensure that students are kept at appropriate distance and staggered manner
- The common area in the Hostel like Mess and Toilet is maintained and sanitized properly with regular interval. Sufficient quantity of Soap / Hand Sanitizes must be made available by the Institutes for use of the Residents.
- The students staying the Hostel should be counselled properly about Health and Hygiene.
- Parental consent must be obtained by the student before Joining In the Hostel.
- The Head of the Institute must be in touch with the local Health Institute to ensure periodic health check of the inmates
- The Guidelines issued by the Health & Family Welfare department and SRC-cum-ACS (DM) must be followed scrupulously
- The residents must not be allowed to congregate at a given place inside the Hostel and the Hostel Authorities must be vigilant to that effect.
- There should be an Isolation room available inside the Hostel and if some residents fall seeks, he/she should be isolated immediately and proper care should be taken for his/her treatment.
The S&ME department said that other Departments like ST&SC Development, Minorities and Backward Classes Welfare Department & Social Security and Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities department may issue additional Guidelines / SOP, if so desire.
“However, the Guideline issued by Health & Family Welfare department and SRC Odisha from time to time on Covid-19 will be followed strictly in the process of reopening of hostels,” the notification added.