The demand to postpone the NEET UG 2022 exam has intensified with now political parties coming out in support of the students who are demanding postponement of the medical entrance exam.
Neeraj Kundan, president of the National Students Union of India (NSUI), has now written to the Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan for the postponement of NEET UG 2022.
In his letter to the Minister, Kundan has urged to consider the demand of lakhs of NEET UG 2022 exam aspirants and not to conduct the exam in a ‘hurry’.
Some of the points that the NSUI chief has mentioned in the letter include:
1. The counselling procedure for the previous academic session is already running late. With minimum time left for preparation, it is difficult for a student to ace an exam with such competitiveness.
2. CUET, JEE and various other exams are already scheduled in July. All these exams are career-deciding. With only one attempt that too between these exams, it is not feasible for student to concentrate properly.
3. Due to delays in the notice, the preparation time has been reduced to a minimum.
4. There might me many students who will not get a seat in previous session's counselling. Therefore, it is unfair that the next exam is done in such a hurry.
5. Students who opt for both engineering and medical preparation during class 11th & class 12th would find difficulty giving exams among such Chaos.
“Considering the genuine reasons stated above. Kindly defer the NEET UG examination at least for 45 days. So that students are both mentally and psychologically fit to appear in the examination,” he added.
On the other hand, students have also raised the issue stating that they need more time for preparation as they are currently not ready to appear for the NEET UG examination.
“Lack of sufficient time for preparation has taken a toll on us. We are not fit, both mentally and psychologically. We need more time, at least by 15 days. Please, listen to our demand,” urged an aspirant.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) is all set to conduct the medical entrance examination on July 17. However, last year, the NTA had conducted the NEET exam on September 12.