The Higher Education Department on Thursday issued the complete schedule and guidelines for the +3 first year admissions under phase II admissions in degree colleges in Odisha.
As per the official notification, the online Common Application Form (CAF) will be available on the official website –www.samsodisha.gov.in from November 23, 2021.
The last date for applying online CAF is November 28, 2021. The first merit list will be published on December 3, 2021, the notification added.
1 (a)Applicants who were previously selected and took admission, previously selected and not taken admission and not selected at all in Phase-I.
(b) Applicants who have not applied during Phase-I due to various reasons.
2. Common Application Form (CAF) Fees:
a) Applicants as per point 1. (a) need not have to pay any CAF fees as they have already paid during Phase-I. These applicants will have to login in SAMS Portal with their existing username and password to edit their existing CAF to provide fresh options (choices) for the institutions as well as they may edit their marks/reservation/weightage, if incorrect.
b) Applicants as per point 1.(b) will have to create their individual username and password in SAMS portal and fill up the CAF with the relevant information. During filling up of CAF, it is advised to check the marks secured/reservation criteria/weightage and bank account details. These fresh applicants will have to pay CAF Fees. c) All applicants can fill minimum 5 and maximum of 20 options (choices).
3. Method of Selection (First Selection):
a) If desired numbers of applicants are available for both category-wise and subject-wise after due date of filling of CAF, then selection will be made as per merit (Marks Secured in +2 Examination and Weightage Mark taking together) following reservation policy.
b) If requisite number of applicants in different reservation categories are not available with respect to category-wise and subject-wise vacancies, then the selection of the applicants will be done purely on merit (Marks Secured in +2 Examination and Weightage Mark taking together) after de-reservation of seats.
4. No Slide Up Option Available
5. After completion of admission (first selection), if vacancies still persist, then the procedure for second selection shall be followed as per the first selection.
6. After completion of first and second selection, a list of waitlisted applicants (five times the actual vacancy) shall be provided in HEIs login. The waitlisted applicants will be intimated accordingly (by SAMS Login as well as by SMS).
7. Applicants will know their selection from applicants' login and from e. Space of Higher Education Institutions. If a selected applicant got multiple choices/options, She/He has to choose only one selected option for taking admission. Once the applicant selects one option from the multiple options, the other options will be immediately disabled. No further editing is possible. Admission Payment Fees option will be enabled against selected applicants only.
8. All selected applicants are required to pay the admission fees to generate and download the Intimation letter along with CLC. If an applicant gets selected for more than one college or one college with different subjects, then it is his/her responsibility to take decision as to where s/he wants to take admission. An applicant is allowed to pay and take admission against one option only.
9. It is mandatory for the applicants to take admission in their selected college after download of 'Intimation Letter'.