Hours after imposing curbs on Christmas and New Year celebrations in view of the surging cases of Covid-19, especially the Omicron variant of the SARS-CoV-2, the Odisha government on Friday evening effected fresh revisions in the guidelines.
The State Special Relief Commissioner (SRC) had asked the authorities in its earlier notification to enforce Covid restrictions from December 25, 2021 to January 2, 2022. However, after a few hours, the SRC issued a fresh order (No.7458/R&DM(DM) directing the officials to impose curbs only on December 25 and from December 31, 2021, to January 2, 2022.
All other conditions mentioned in the earlier order will remain as such, said the directive.
The SRC has given clear instructions to District Collectors, Municipal Commissioners, and Commissionerate Police to take all possible measures to enforce the guidelines.
Here are the restrictions which will be strictly enforced during the (revised) days:
- Christmas celebration to be limited to Churches with maximum participants of 50 (fifty) persons
- No Zero Night celebrations, New Year welcome events in hotels and other public places
- Apart from marriage (no reception) and funerals, other social functions banned
- Crowding and gathering in public places discouraged
- No community feast allowed
- No socio-cultural programmes